To complement and expand on our publications and web services, Tallage also provides specially commissioned bespoke work to clients (both existing subscribers to Stratégie grains and others). These include:
For subscribers who require more information and additional analysis, we offer regular electronic publications expanding on the themes discussed in Stratégie grains. These include: price series, livestock numbers, supply and demand balance sheets for meat, EU supply and demand balance sheets for distillers grains (DDG/S).
We offer bespoke training courses on the functioning of cereal and oilseed markets and on the analysis of the supply and demand situation at any given moment. Examples of topics covered in our training sessions include:
- Functioning of grain market in EU.
Import controls (import tariffs and quotas), export controls, intervention scheme (including how it works and how intervention prices are calculated),
Terms and abbreviations used on the market (FOB, CAF, delivered, ex-port, July-base, monthly increments etc.).
Mechanisms to support production within the Common Agricultural Policy: right to single payment scheme, coupled aid, zones of special ecological interest etc.).
- Analysis of supply and demand fundamentals for grains and oilseeds (current and next marketing years)
Analysis and forecasting methodology.
Balance sheet forecasting for each marketing year:
- Stock situation at the start of the year.
- Estimating production and ex-farm collection.
- Projecting demand changes in human consumption and industrial sectors (milling, malt/semolina/starch production, ethanol, seed crushing etc.).
- Projecting changes in demand for grains and oilseeds in the animal feed sector: forecasting changes in livestock numbers and implications for industrial feed requirements, analysis of price relationships and raw materials supply.
- Forecasting outlooks for intra-EU trade and EU trade with third countries.
- World environment.
- Forecasting year-end stocks.
Making conclusions on possible price movements for grains and oilseeds in both short and medium term.
- Controlling market risks
Operating principals of futures and options markets
Role of futures and options markets in controlling risks to producers.
Roles of the different market participants.
Our courses have been specifically formulated to meet the training needs of cooperatives, traders, agri-food businesses, animal feed producers, and biofuel manufacturers, amongst others.
We visit your premises to conduct the training courses. If you would like to organise one or more days of training for your business, organisation or team, please don't hesitate to contact us by telephone for a personalised quote.